Our full library of resources
OPSLEVEL LAUNCH RAFFLE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF QUEBEC) WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY AS OF THE DATE OF SUBMISSION. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN RULE 2 BELOW AND YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND TO AGREE TO BE BOUND UNCONDITIONALLY BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This Contest is sponsored by J/K Labs Inc. dba OpsLevel. 111 Peter Street, Suite 700, Toronto, ON M5V 2H1 (the “Sponsor”) and is open to any Entrant (as defined below) who has entered a Submission and has met the Eligibility Criteria below. Any violation of these Rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the Sponsor or judges regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins [time 09:00 AM] [Eastern Time] on April 5, 2023 and ends at [time 5:00 PM] [Eastern Time] on April 11, 2023, when all entries must be received (the “Promotion Period”). To enter, Entrants must register for and attend the OpsLevel Launch Party hosted on Zoom on April 11, 2023 during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete and submit the registration form. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit: One entry per person and one entry per e-mail address during the Promotion Period. All entrant information, including names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, is subject to the Sponsor’s privacy policies (see further the OpsLevel Privacy Statement).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Promotion is open to residents of the United States and Canada except:
- anyone below the age of 18 at the date of entry
- officers, directors, members, and employees and immediate family members of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals; or
- anyone who fails to comply with these Official Rules or otherwise tampers with the entry process (eg. signing up twice under different names or aliases to increase changes of being selected).
At any time, Sponsor will have the right to request from any individual who has participated in this Promotion by submitting an entry (each an “Entrant”) proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate. Failure to provide proof within a reasonable time or the provision of false or misleading information could result in the Entrant’s disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrants who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, do not comply with these Official Rules or who otherwise tamper with the entry process.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. The odds of winning this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about April 11, 2023 after the Promotion Period (the “Selection Date”). Any potential winner will be notified by phone or by email to the address provided on the contact form within three (3) business days of the Winner selection. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within seven (7) business days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Release as specified in Rule 5; (iv) refuses the Prize (as defined in Rule 4); and/or (v) the Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the Prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in an Entrant's email address or for any failure whatsoever of Entrant to receive Sponsor’s notification or for Sponsor to receive a selected Entrant’s response. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Promotion.
For Canadian Residents Only:
Before being declared the winner, a selected Entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by Sponsor or its representative by phone.
4. PRIZES. There will be one (1) winner per Promotion. The prize is Nintendo Switch OLED (“Prize”). The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $350 CAD. Actual value may vary based on various factors, including fluctuations in price. No Prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions may made for the Prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. All federal, provincial, state or other taxes that may apply due to the receipt of a prize are the sole responsibility of the individual who receives that prize. The Prize will be delivered to the winner by mail; the specific delivery method will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any failure by mail or for any damage to the Prize after it is given to such service or if factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent the Prize from being fulfilled/awarded. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the winner is responsible for any and all taxes and other expenses associated with accepting the Prize.
5. RELEASE. Before being declared the winner, the selected Entrant will be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form (the “Release”) indicating that the selected Entrant: (a) has complied and agrees to comply with these Official Rules; (b) accepts the Prize as offered; (c) will keep his/her winning notification confidential until notified by Sponsor; (d) releases Sponsor, its agents, employees, contractors and any other parties to be added to the Release in Sponsor’s sole discretion (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability arising from his/her participation in the Promotion or his/her acceptance, use, misuse or awarding of the Prize; (e) indemnifies the Released Parties from any and all losses that Sponsor may incur arising out of any act or omission by him/her in connection with the Promotion or the Prize; and (f) except where prohibited by law, acknowledges Sponsor’s and its authorized representatives’ right to publish and/or broadcast the winner's name and/or statements without further compensation other than the Prize offered. The wording of the Release will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor may also add such other terms and conditions to the Release as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary. The selected Entrant must return the Release by the date indicated on the document. If the Release is not returned on time or is returned as non-deliverable, or if the selected Entrant is Canadian and fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly or is disqualified for any other reason, the Prize will be forfeited and another Entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries until the Prize is successfully awarded.
6. DISCLAIMERS. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for and under no circumstances will Sponsor, its agents, employees, contractors and assigns be liable to any person or business entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages based on any Entrant’s participation in the Promotion, including for: (i) entries which are incomplete, unintelligible, lost, late or misdirected; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to failure of the Internet during the Promotion Period, any problems, failure or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, online or electronic systems, servers, access providers, computer hardware or software, incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer transmissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof or other failures related to hardware, software or virus; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) technical or human error related to the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (v) any injury, loss or damage of any kind which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Promotion by any Entrant, use or misuse of the Prize or any part thereof; (vi) any use of the Website or any other website to which the Website is linked (including without limitation any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Promotion); or (vii) any Entrant’s failure to abide by the Official Rules. The limitations of liability set out in this Rule 6 apply, without limitation, to any lost profits, and will apply even if Sponsor has been specifically advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. GOVERNING LAW. By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to any aspect of the Promotion and these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entries and the winners are final and binding on all entrants. The laws of the Province of Ontario, excluding its provisions on conflict of laws, shall govern this Promotion. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a court located in Toronto, Ontario Canada with respect to any matter arising hereunder or related hereto. These Official Rules state all of the terms and conditions governing the Promotion.
8. CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS. Sponsor reserves the right without prior notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond its control. In the event of cancellation of the electronic portion of the Promotion, Sponsor may randomly select a winning entry from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right to amend the Official Rules without prior notice if any factor interferes with the proper conduct of the Promotion as contemplated by these Official Rules. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Promotion and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST
For a copy of these Official Rules or for the name of the declared winner, send a request along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: OPSLEVEL at the address noted above.