Update and UX Changes
Thank you all for the feedback you’ve provided so far. We’ve actioned a lot of the items you’ve given us. 🎉
Here’s a list of recent changes in this last week:
- On the Services index page, you can filter by Owner. Filter is stored in the query string so you can share these URLs.
- You can create a new team inline while creating a new service. This speeds up setting up new services that don’t have associated teams defined yet.
- UX issue: some users inadvertently logged out because they engaged the profile menu in the top right by hovering over it. We’ve changed the affordance to require a click instead of a hover.
- UX improvements around inviting users:
- After inviting a new user, we now clear out the name/email text boxes.
- Validations don’t scream at you while you type (edited)
Some upcoming changes to watch out in the upcoming weeks: 📅
- Reporting on check adoption. We’re going to show which services are passing / failing which checks.
(Update: Reports launched! See Announcing Reports)
- Mocks for more sophisticated checks. Checks are currently only based on “Is there a tool in the Operations Center?“. We’re putting together mocks for how OpsLevel will integrate checks with other SaaS tools like Github and PagerDuty.
- Full text search to filter tables (instead of the basic filtering functionality we just released above).
As usual, we appreciate any and all feedback. Don’t be shy about sharing it. 😎